Our Commitment to a Healthier Community
At New England Baptist Hospital, we’re committed to improving the health and well-being of residents within our Community Benefits Service Area (CBSA). Through our Community Benefits Department, we work in collaboration with the area’s residents and key community health stakeholders to address the health needs and priorities identified by this assessment.
New England Baptist Hospital’s Community Benefits Service Area includes: Mission Hill/ Roxbury, Brookline, Chestnut Hill and Dedham.
Led by the Community Benefits Advisory Committee (CBAC), we strive to address the most pressing health needs in each community based on the most recent Community Health Needs Assessment.
Community Health Needs Assessment Guiding Principles
- Equity: Work toward the systemic, fair and just treatment of all people; engage cohorts most impacted by COVID-19
- Collaboration: Leverage resources to achieve greater impact by working with community residents and organizations
- Engagement: Intentionally reach out to and interact with often overlooked populations, including, but not limited to, people impacted by trauma, people with disabilities, communities most impacted by inequities, and others
- Capacity Building: Build community cohesion and capacity by co-leading Community Listening sessions and training residents on facilitation
- Intentionality: Be deliberate in our engagement and our request and use of data and information; be purposeful and work collaboratively to identify and leverage resources for maximum benefit
- Individuals with disabilities
- Older adults
- Racially, ethnically, and linguistically diverse populations
- Low resource populations
The Community Resource Guide was developed to highlight health and social service resources available to the community. As a disclaimer, the listings within this guide are designed as informational and are not to be interpreted as recommendations or endorsements.
Community Health Needs Assessment Reports and Implementation Strategies
To learn more about the CHNA findings, visit the BILH Community Commitment page.
To learn more about how New England Baptist Hospital is working with our communities to address the leading health issues, visit our Community Benefits Reports:
New England Baptist Hospital welcomes any comments you may have on our most recently conducted CHNA and implementation strategy. Please submit your comments by email or mail them to Christine Dwyer, Director, Community & Government Affairs, New England Baptist Hospital, 125 Parker Hill Avenue, Boston, MA 02120.
Visit Beth Israel Lahey Health’s website to learn more about how we are improving health equity across the communities we serve.