Research at NEBH
New England Baptist Hospital is an Orthopedic Center of Excellence with a significant commitment to research. Because we treat a high volume of musculoskeletal patients, we are in a unique position to study musculoskeletal conditions, treatments and therapies. It is this commitment to research and the dedication of our team that allows us to bring the latest advances and novel protocols in orthopedic care to our patients and set new standards of care nationally and internationally.
The physicians at NEBH take part in research independently as well as in association with researchers outside of NEBH for clinical, translational and patient-centered research. We also develop new educational initiatives geared toward training and mentoring a new generation of scientists and health care professionals.
The Next Frontier of Orthopedic Research
There is a strong foundation of research-driven innovation on which to build, including recent advances in multi-modal pain therapy and early mobilization after joint surgery. These best practices, among many others, were shaped by Baptist investigations and have produced shorter hospital stays while maintaining superlative patient outcomes.
New England Baptist Hospital Research Mission Statement
- We will advance knowledge in musculoskeletal diseases and related disorders
- We will facilitate research groups at NEBH, and collaborate with other investigators in clinical*, translational** and patient centered outcomes research
- We will evaluate patient outcomes and quality of life
- We will develop educational initiatives focused on training and mentoring a new generation of scientists
- We will disseminate research findings nationally and internationally
- We will support and advance the NEBH mission and ROSE Philosophy (Respect, Ownership, Superior Service, Excellence)
New England Baptist Hospital is committed to the treatment of all participants involved in research in a manner such that their safety, dignity, confidentiality, and right to be fully informed are protected. Click here to learn more about how to become part of a study.
*Clinical Research =
- Patient-oriented research. Research conducted with human subjects (or on material of human origin such as tissues, specimens and cognitive phenomena) for which an investigator (or colleague) directly interacts with human subjects. Patient-oriented research includes: (a) mechanisms of human disease, (b) therapeutic interventions, (c) clinical trials, or (d) development of new technologies.
- Epidemiological and behavioral studies.
- Outcomes research and health services research.
**Translational Research = The process of applying ideas, insights, and discoveries generated through basic scientific inquiry to the treatment or prevention of human disease.