Halloween Safety TipsOctober 27, 2014
Halloween is a fun time of year for children, parents and grandparents. Stay safe as you head out to trick or treat this season with the following tips.
- Avoid carrying heavy bags, which can strain muscles and joints. A bag should never be more than 10-15% of a person’s body weight.
- Be sure costumes that don’t obstruct vision. Masks and hats can make it difficult to see and increase the likelihood of tripping and falling.
- Costumes should fit properly. If they are too long, it is easy to trip over them, so trim or hem them as necessary.
- Wear sturdy, comfortable, slip-resistant shoes.
- Walk on sidewalks and avoid cutting across yards which can pose a fall hazard.
- Carry flashlights to see and be seen.
- Carry a cell phone in case of an emergency.
Don’t forget to take some pictures and have fun!