New England Baptist Hospital provides comprehensive and competitive benefits that offer flexibility and choice for employees and their families. In addition to medical benefits, we offer programs designed to help employees thrive in their career, save money on commuting, plan for retirement and take care of their families.
Eligibility and Coverage Levels
Employees scheduled to work at least 20 hours per week will become eligible for insurance benefits on the first day of the month immediately following their date of hire. If hired on the first of the month, benefits begin immediately. Our health care coverage is available in the following four tiers:
- Employee and spouse/same-sex domestic partner
- Employee and children
Medical Insurance (including Prescription Drug Coverage)
NEBH offers two levels of Harvard Pilgrim PPO coverages to choose from to help meet your health insurance needs:
- Baptist PPO Classic Plan
- Baptist PPO Advantage Plan with Health Savings Account (HSA) (High Deductible Health Plan with Health Savings Account)
In both plans, you have access to Harvard Pilgrim’s quality provider network with more than 28,000 doctors and clinicians in the region and 135 hospitals – all with no need for referrals.
Employees can choose dental coverage from two PPO plans offered by Delta Dental, allowing you to choose from more than 2,000 dentist locations in Massachusetts:
Vision coverage is provided by Vision Service Plan and includes benefits for routine eye care services as well as extra discounts and savings on sunglasses and laser vision correction.
NEBH provides you with life insurance equal to one times your annual base salary at no cost. As your salary increases, so does the value of your policy. You also have the option to purchase your own additional coverage, as well as optional coverage for your dependents (spouse and/or children).
NEBH offers both short and long-term disability programs through Liberty Mutual for financial help in the event of illness or injury. These plans help to replace income while you are disabled and unable to work.
- Short-term Disability: You may purchase plans that provide coverage after 14, 28, or 42 days of a personal medical illness. Your cost will depend on the coverage level you choose and your salary.
- Long-term Disability: NEBH provides full-time employees with coverage at 50 percent of gross monthly base pay after an employee has been out for 90 days or more due to a disability. You also have the option to buy up to 60 percent coverage.
Paid Time Off
We recognize the importance of our staff maintaining a healthy lifestyle by taking time away for rest, relaxation and personal activities. NEBH provides employees with paid time off for vacation, illness, celebration of holidays and other personal absences. Time accrues weekly based on your regularly scheduled hours and years of service.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) allow you save money on your taxes by setting aside a portion of your salary on a pre-tax basis to pay for certain out-of-pocket medical and/or dependent care expenses. The Medical FSA can be used to offset expenses such as deductibles, coinsurance, prescriptions drugs, lab tests and dental or vision care expenses. The Dependent Care FSA allows you to pay for dependent care services that enable you and your spouse (if applicable) to work or look for work.
Health Savings Account
The Baptist PPO Advantage Plan with HSA option is considered a high deductible health plan (HDHP). If you enroll in an HDHP, NEBH offers a companion health savings account (HSA). A Health Savings Account (HSA) is an individual savings account in your name that allows you to set aside money for current and future medical expenses. It gives you the most benefit from your HDHP by allowing the use of pre-tax dollars in the payment of medical expenses. The HSA is only available to participants who are enrolled in the Baptist PPO Advantage Plan with HSA medical plan option.
NEBH helps you reach your financial goals for retirement through participation in our 403(b) plan, which allows you to invest and save money for retirement while reducing your current taxable income. Employees may voluntarily participate in the plan immediately upon hire. After one year of employment, with 1,000 hours of service, NEBH matches your contribution to your 403(b), up to a maximum match of 3% of your base weekly income. In addition, NEBH will make a core contribution equal to 2% of your base wages.
Wellness Rewards at NEBH
New England Baptist offers a number of health and wellness activities to not only help keep you healthy, but to also combat increasing health care costs that directly impact your premiums. NEBH is recognized as a fit-friendly organization. We have partnered with Harvard Pilgrim to create Wellness Rewards at NEBH, a program designed to promote healthy living for employees and their spouses. By participating in this program, you will improve your health and be eligible for a stand-alone incentive and reduced medical insurance premiums.
Full time employees with 6 months of service are eligible for up to $2,500 of tuition reimbursement per calendar year. Part-time employees with one year of service are eligible for up to $1,250 tuition reimbursement per calendar year.
- NEBH offers a 50% subsidy on all MBTA passes for benefit-eligible employees. You may purchase one discounted T-pass each month. Monthly discounted MBTA passes are available through payroll deduction.
- Off-site parking is available for a low weekly cost on Terrace Street, about ½ mile from the Hospital. Free shuttle service is provided from the Jackson Square station on the MBTA Orange Line as well as the Terrace Street Employee Parking lot.
- The Bicycle Commuter Reimbursement provides up to $20 non-taxable reimbursement per month for qualified expenses for those employees who regularly bike to work and do not take advantage of the parking or MBTA program.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
All employees of NEBH and their household members may access the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). The program provides free, professional counseling to assist employees with a wide variety of issues associated with personal or work-related problems.
ARAG Legal Plan
The ARAG Group legal plan gives you access to a group of attorneys at more than 280 participating law firms and includes access to a toll-free legal hotline. For a low weekly cost paid through the convenience of automatic deductions from your paycheck, the plan covers you and your family for a variety of legal services, including attorney's fees for counseling and litigation on matters such as wills, debt collection, defense, name changes, estate planning, financial problems, adoptions, defense of civil damage claims, small claims assistance, IRS audit protection, IRS collection defense, motions to modify decrees (up to 8 hours per event), prenuptial agreements and real estate transactions.
HIV Supplemental Benefit Plan
NEBH sponsors an HIV Supplemental Benefit Plan. This plan provides financial assistance and supplemental services for employees who become HIV positive as a result of a work-related exposure.
NEBH knows that your family is a top priority. That’s why we offer these additional services and resources to help you provide the best possible care for you and your loved ones.
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefit Program - NEBH offers reimbursement to employees who are building families through adoption.
- Newborns - Lactation dual pump available for use.
- A Place For Mom - A free referral service helping families find nursing homes, assisted living, Alzheimer's care, retirement communities, home care, and other senior care options.
- SeniorAssist - Offered in conjunction with Harvard Pilgrim Healthcare, this program provides a free initial consultation service for legal, financial and healthcare management for employees dealing with elder care issues.
- Workplace Banking - Representatives from Metropolitan Credit Union, RTN, Bank of America, Citibank and Citizens are on site frequently.
- Malpractice Insurance.
- Auto and Homeowner’s Insurance with payroll deduction.
- Discounted shopping services, including BJ’s Wholesale Club and Costco.
- Discounted pet insurance.
- Discounted wireless telephones and computers.
- Discounted movie, theater and amusement park tickets.
- Avis Rent a Car discounts.
- Discounts for ADT Security Systems
- Discounted gym memberships, Weight Watchers memberships, flu shot clinics and more!