One of the most important sources of energy and support in our Hospital is our Volunteer Team. They offer their time, energy and smiles.
New England Baptist Hospital Volunteers reflect the same diversity in age, culture and lifestyle found among our patients. Volunteers represent people from all walks of life including professionals, retirees and students.
The Volunteer Services Program makes an effort to match a person's interests with placements within the hospital that will result in a mutually beneficial experience. Some volunteers enjoy working in direct contact with patients, while others prefer behind-the-scenes projects.
Opportunities and How to apply.
Volunteers work in varied hospital settings based on their skill set including
- Patient Access
- Hospital Ambassador
- Pre-Admission Screening
- Patient Units
- Patient Transport
- Gift Shop
To Get Started call the Volunteer Manager at 617-754-5173 to arrange for an appointment, or click here and select "volunteer" under "position type".
Requirements and standards:
- All Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Commit to initial training and a minimum of 4 hours per week for each 3 month period
- Pre–Employment Health Screening
- "CORI" (Criminal Offender Record Information) Background Check
- List of References
- Must adhere to New England Baptist Core Values: Respect, Ownership, Superior Service and Excellence
Uniforms/ Dress Code:
Volunteers are expected to adhere to the New England Baptist Dress to Impress Program which prohibits the wearing of blue jeans, sweatpants, exercise pants, shorts, hats, sunglasses, multiple piercings, T–shirts and open toe shoes.
Volunteers are required to wear a Volunteer Smock which is provided free of charge. Each volunteer is responsible for keeping his or her smock clean and pressed and bringing it to volunteer each week.
Benefits and Perks:
In addition to adding to the quality of care given to New England Baptist Patients, volunteers are given
- A meal voucher valued at $7.00 to use in the Hospital Cafeteria.
- Complimentary Parking
- Access to the Woodard Library including computers and internet.
- Free Flu vaccinations and TB Screening each year
- Educational Seminars as posted for Employees