We are committed to providing an exceptional patient experience for you and your loved ones at the Baptist. We pride ourselves on our commitment to improve the quality and safety of patient care and are nationally recognized for patient satisfaction.
New England Baptist Hospital is a nine-time recipient of the Press Ganey Associates, Inc. Summit Award. Press Ganey surveys our patients and compares our patient satisfaction scores with those of hundreds of hospitals nationwide, as well as with local hospitals. The Summit Award is given to those organizations that score in the 95th percentile or above in patient satisfaction scores for at least three consecutive years.
What we do to ensure your satisfaction
The Baptist Way
We credit our high patient satisfaction scores in part to our commitment to “the Baptist Way”. From the smiles at every turn by staff, to the room service-style meals, you can sense the commitment to excellent service everywhere at NEBH. Our employees are motivated and eager to provide patients with an excellent Baptist experience and to resolve issues to the best of their ability. Discovering new ways to please and satisfy our patients has become a way of life for Baptist employees, because caring for and comforting our patients is our highest mission. Here are some of the ways we work to make your stay at the Baptist an excellent one:
- A welcoming red rose for every patient upon admission, continuing a tradition begun in 1958
- Room service meals with menu choices
- Complimentary daily newspapers with breakfast tray
- Newly designed patient focused education materials
- A Patient Advocate to help with issues not resolved by the health care team
How to improve your chance of having a satisfactory experience
Patients who take the time to learn about their doctors, their procedure and the hospital, and communicate their expectations, concerns and hopes to the staff and the health care team tend to be more active in their care. We look forward to partnering with you and your loved ones to ensure the best experience possible. To improve your experience at New England Baptist Hospital, we encourage you to:
- Review this website to research available information about your doctor and take the time to learn about your procedure. At New England Baptist Hospital, we offer pre-operative teaching classes and a video series for patients undergoing total hip or knee replacement surgery and spinal fusion surgery. Patients who complete these classes tend to be better prepared and more satisfied after their surgeries.
- During your visit, take the time to tell us what you need and what you are worried about. Explain your hopes and expectations regarding your procedure.
Please tap into the many resources available to help you to become a "smart patient" - a patient who is more aware of his or her rights and responsibilities and the potential outcomes of your procedure. You can find out more about being a “smart patient” in the bestselling book You: The Smart Patient, by Drs. Michael Roizen and Mehmet Oz. We look forward to welcoming you and your loved ones to the Baptist!