5 Tips to Get You Ready For Spring SportsMarch 24, 2014
With spring just around the corner, many of us are looking forward to getting back on the tennis court, golf course and outdoor running and biking trails. As Dr. John Richmond, Chair of Orthopedics at NEBH explains, it’s important to take it slow when getting back to activities. He recommends the following tips to help prevent injuries.
- Start slow, and increase activity over time.
- Take a few minutes to warm up and stretch before beginning any activity.
- Make sure to listen to your body and know when to take a break, especially if you have been relatively inactive over the winter months.
- Make sure you have the proper equipment, and that everything fits appropriately.
- Don’t forget to stay hydrated.
If you have any type of persistent pain, you should consult an orthopedic expert.