This course will provide orthopedic surgeons, fellows, residents, physician assistants, physical therapists and allied health professionals with a unique opportunity to enhance their knowledge and skills in the surgical management and rehabilitation of sports medicine injuries.
- Identify current concepts and treatment of disabling patellofemoral disease.
- Describe pathology of the scapular and its relation to shoulder pathology and rehab after surgery.
- Discuss current trends and operative option in treating shoulder instability and rotator cuff injuries.
- Describe the role of aqua therapy in treating sports injuries.
- Describe current trends in ligament surgery of the knee, including options for high level athletes.
- Discuss foot and ankle sports injuries.
- Identify the orthopedist role in supervising and ordering physical therapy after surgery.
Continuing Education Credits
New England Baptist Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. New England Baptist Hospital is accredited by the Massachusetts Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The registration fee for physicians is $495. The registration fee for Allied Health Professionals is $195. The registration fee for fellows, residents, and military orthopedic surgeons is $50.
The Boston Sports Medicine Symposium will be held at the Conference Center at Waltham Woods, 860 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Westin in Waltham, MA at a rate of $160 plus tax single/double occupancy per night. Rooms must be reserved no later than September 24, 2014. Telephone: (781) 290-5600. Please reference Boston Sports Medicine Symposium when making your reservation.
Registration Payment Information
Online registration and secure credit card payment is available. To register by mail, print out and complete a registration form, and mail with your payment to: Olga Lyczmanenko, New England Baptist Hospital, 125 Parker Hill Avenue, Boston, MA 02120. Make checks payable to: New England Baptist Hospital.
For cancellations up to 10 days before the conference, a refund is allowed but a $75 administrative fee will be charged. There are no refunds for cancellations less than 10 days before the event; however, a designated substitute may attend the conference. New England Baptist Hospital reserves the right to substitute faculty or cancel the conference. If the event is cancelled, New England Baptist Hospital's liability is limited to refund of registration fee.
To request reasonable accommodations for a disability please notify us in writing at least two weeks before the symposium.