Becoming A Patient
Becoming a patient at the Baptist is easy.
To become a patient you can follow the steps below:
- Find a doctor who is affiliated with NEBH. You can click to search on our web site or call our referral line at 855-370-NEBH (6324)
- Call to schedule an appointment. Be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Do you need a referral? Call your insurance company or primary care physician (PCP) to find out.
- Were you injured at work?
- If yes, we will need to obtain authorization before we schedule an appointment.
- Were you injured in a motor vehicle accident?
- If yes, we will need a Personal Injury Protection (PIP) exhaustion letter.
- What type of insurance do you have?
- What is your Primary Subscribers ID Number?
- Have you seen any other provider for this pain/injury?
- Have you ever had any imaging such as CT, MRI, or X-ray to this body part?
- If yes, where/when? We will need to obtain reports & images.
- Is this an acute injury or chronic?
- If acute, how and when?
- If chronic, how long and during what activities?
- If your doctor recommends a diagnostic procedure such as an MRI, CT or X-ray, call our state-of-the-art Radiology department at 617-754-5287.
New England Baptist Hospital Locations
NEBH has a number of locations, each providing an array of services. Click here to view a list of locations.
Your surgeon, your anesthesiologist, your medical doctors, and other specialists make their own decisions regarding participation in insurance plans.
There are many physicians affiliated with the Hospital who participate in the same insurance plans with which the Hospital itself participates. For more information regarding specific physician practices, please contact the individual physician offices or the Physician Referral line at 855-370-NEBH (6324).
Click here for a list of insurance plans NEBH accepts.